The ASA101A Analog Signature Analyser will assist you in testing, diagnosing and troubleshooting printed circuit boards without powering them (known as ‘power-off testing’).
Connected via USB to a compatible PC running our own free software (EPIC, download here) with the ASA101A you can easily capture, measure and compare known good signatures (from your ‘golden’ board) with signatures from your suspect board.
With the ASA101A we set out to bring the incredibly powerful technique of Analog Signature Analysis to engineers and repair shops at a super-affordable price.
Note: the ASA101A and ASA100 are functionally identical units, but packaged differently (the ASA101A also has two buttons which map to A & B in EPIC).
Features & Specifications
- Output voltage: 0.2Vpk to 10Vpk (10 settings: 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10Vpk)
- Output frequency: 10Hz to 1KHz (7 settings: 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1KHz)
- Output resistance: 100ohms to 10Kohms (3 settings: 100, 1K, 10Kohms)
- Powered via USB 2.0 (instrument uses upto 0.5A when in-use (10V/100ohm range)
- Industry standard 4mm shrouded terminals on 19mm (3/4″) pitch.
- Status indication LED
- Handheld ABS casing with custom made stainless steel probe (reversible for transit). Ground connection with crocodile clip.
Each ASA101A is calibrated and adjusted in-house as part of our standard production test procedures. These calibration values are stored within the instrument.
If recalibration/adjustment is necessary it is simply done through the UTILITIES menu in EPIC. You will need a voltmeter with at least 3.5digit resolution to do this.
1x ASA101A Handheld Analog Signature Analyser
1x ASA stainless steel spike
2 year warranty against manufacturing defects.