The ASA240 Analog Signature Analyser will assist you in testing, diagnosing and troubleshooting printed circuit boards without powering them (known as ‘power-off testing’).
Connected via USB to a compatible PC running our own free software (EPIC, download here) with the ASA240 you can easily capture, measure and compare known good signatures (from your ‘golden’ board) with signatures from your suspect board. The built-in gate/bias generator (+/-10V, 100ohm source impedance) can be used to help test active components such as SCR’s, opto-couplers, small relays, TRIAC’s etc. An external dual footswitch can be connected to the ASA200 and can be user configured to control various functions.
The built switching matrix (40 x 2) is easily configured from the software and maybe used with adaptors (such as DIP or SO) to speed up testing of boards, or maybe connected to a ‘bed-of-nails’ to facilitate rapid testing of boards in production.
With the ASA240 we set out to bring the incredibly powerful technique of Analog Signature Analysis to engineers and repair shops at an affordable price.
Features & Specifications
- Output voltage: 0.2Vpk to 10Vpk (10 settings: 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10Vpk)
- Output frequency: 10Hz to 1KHz (7 settings: 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1KHz)
- Output resistance: 50ohms to 10Kohms (8 settings: 50, 100, 200, 500, 1K, 2K and 10Kohms)
- Gate/Bias output (+/-10V, adjustable, 100R output impedance, pulsed mode option)
- 40 x 2 switching matrix (any pin can be signal or 0V)
- External footswitch (A/B) input
- Powered via external mains PSU (included)
- Industry standard 4mm shrouded terminals on 19mm (3/4″) pitch.
- Status indication LED
- Robust aluminium extrusion with 1mm stainless steel front and rear panels.
Each ASA240 is calibrated and adjusted in-house as part of our standard production test procedure. These calibration values are stored within the instrument.
If recalibration/adjustment is necessary it is simply done through the UTILITIES menu in EPIC. You will need a voltmeter with at least 3.5digit resolution to do this.
1x ASA240 Analog Signature Analyser
1x Mains PSU (12V 4A, with multiple heads for UK, USA, EU, AU/NZ)
1x 2M USB cable
please note: any test leads shown are not supplied as standard, similar test leads may be purchased seperatley.
2 year warranty against manufacturing defects.