**this page is being worked on at the moment 3 Aug ’21)**
The CTL502 Curve Tracer is a low-cost transistor (BJT and FET) computer controller curve tracer. Unlike other simple curve tracing units the CTL502 is designed to measure devices to 50V and upto 2A. Four selectable collector resistors allow the user (under guidance from the PC program) to test the smallest of BJT’s and FET’s as well as extracting meaningful curves from larger TO3/TO247 packaged devices. Limits on both peak test voltage and peak test current can be easily set to prevent exceeding device parameters.
Pulse testing (80us/300us) is used to minimise device heating and to ensure the CTL502 can be powered via USB. This may be disabled for smaller parts.
Connected and powered via USB and running our own FREE software (called EPIC: Electron Plus Instrument Control) the CTL502 is easily configured using a built in wizard (for quick results), or the user can adjust every instrument parameter to suit. Works with EPIC 21.010 and above.
Users can save data from runs, as well simply grab images directly from EPIC.
Connections are made to the DUT (device-under-test) with the built-in colour coded test leads with crocodile clips.
Screen captures (EPIC21.010) show:
(i) Vds vs Id plot at different Vgs voltages (MOSFET).
Features & Specifications
- Step generator: 0 to 20 steps
- Current mode: 1uA to 20mA (4 ranges)
- Voltage mode: -10V to +10V (using 270R gate resistor)
- Offset function for both current and voltage generation
- Step generator can cross zero (e.g. start at -10V and sweep to +10V)
- Collector sweep voltage: 0V to +50V (or -50V), adjustable peak voltage to limit chance of damage.
- Collector resistance ranges: 12R, 270R, 2K45, 27K
- Peak collector current: 2A
- Acccuracy: >TBA
- Powered via USB 2.0 (instrument uses upto 0.5A when in-use).
- Bright RED LED indicates HV generator is active, solid bright GREEN LED indicates unit is connected.
Each CTL502 calibrated and adjusted in-house as part of our standard production test procedure. Calibration values are stored within the instrument.
If recalibration/adjustment is necessary it is simply done through the UTILITIES menu in EPIC (You will need a DMM with voltage and current measurement ability).
1x CTL502 Curve Tracer
please note: any test leads or devices shown are not supplied as standard.
2 year warranty against manufacturing defects.